We do not walk alone!

 

Today I thank God in a special way because on this feastday of the Archangels in 1998 I came to this PDDM community here in Dublin to begin my experience as a Disciple of the Divine Master.
On the same day in 2000 I began my postulancy and then again in the company of the angels I began my novitiate in Rome in 2002!
It's hard to believe that 24 years have passed. When I joined the convent on this day as a young 18-year-old, I thought I had it all figured out. I was an 'old head' on 'young shoulders' as they say. However, life brought me and continues to bring me through some very interesting journeys. There have been many ups and downs, a lot of packing up and changing communities and countries, changing mission and apostolate, starting again in new ways of life, wondering what God is actually doing with this child of His who often struggled/struggles to understand His ways! It has meant changing and getting to know new Sisters, friends, spiritual guides and work colleagues and understanding that the bonds of family, community and friendships can be solidified in a beautiful way in spite of distance, time zones and choppy wi-fi signals!
It's meant letting go so as to take on more, open my hands and heart wide so that they can be filled again. It's still one day at a time, reaching out for grace which is often personified in the care, love and support which many of you reading this give to me generously and constantly.
For my Sisters, my family, my friends, my pilgrim guides, you know who you are...you have helped me to be faithful, to be realistic with my limitations, rejoice in my gifts, not to take myself so serious, keep my eyes towards God whilst keeping me grounded, real and hopefully a better person, a wholesome religious!
So, on this Feastday of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, may God bless all those who have been an 'angel' to me along the way. Some of you have moved on and life has brought us on different paths but be assured that I carry you all in prayer. You have defended me like Michael, brought me good news like Gabriel and have brought healing like Raphael- for this I am truly grateful.
As I offer my Holy Hour of Adoration later, I will remember each one of you in prayer. And please pray for me...God knows I need the prayers!
(Photo taken the day I entered the convent in Dublin with Sr. Paul, then Regional of the communities in Ireland.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just to say 'thank you' (Sr. Louise's words of thanksgiving for the celebration of her Perpetual Profession)

Holy Hour of Thanksgiving for our Silver Jubilee of presence in Dublin.

The Icon of Friendship