Carrying the burden


The picture is of a statue I keep in my room. It's not the nicest of statues but it has a special place in my heart as it was a model done by Sr M. Paul our sister who passed away in 2015. It was in her art studio and almost ended up in the bin but I rescued it! It reminds us that when the burdens of life seem to crush us and weigh us down, Jesus takes them if we allow him to take them. If you look closely you can see the cracks from the weight of the boulder. I was tempted to fix it but left it as a reminder that Jesus takes my pain, suffering, nothingness and carries it willingly and lovingly. Three years later I found a scrap of paper among some art designs Sr. Paul had. It had the explanation of the piece of clay: 'the weight Jesus carries is the love He gives to us but we reject'. This Lent may we be aware of how infinitely loved we are, we are beloved and we never walk alone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just to say 'thank you' (Sr. Louise's words of thanksgiving for the celebration of her Perpetual Profession)

Holy Hour of Thanksgiving for our Silver Jubilee of presence in Dublin.

The Icon of Friendship