The empty tomb



Jesus, your tomb is a tabernacle, make my life a vigil of Adoration.
Bless the expectation of hope with which I approach your tomb.
May the wonder of your tomb help me see beyond the limits I impose on my life.
I consign to your tomb all my powerlessness and whatever makes me want to give up.
At your tomb, make of my life a new beginning.
Help me face whatever in me needs to die.
May the sign of hope accompany me in all life's difficulties.
By drawing close to you in death may I know your intimacy in my life.
I leave at your tomb all my discouragement, despondency and defeat.
United with you in your tomb, liberate me from all self-reliance and self-assertion.
May your tomb convert me from the temptation to build monuments to self-importance and self-glory.
May your open tomb free me from whatever keeps me closed in on myself.
Roll away the stone of anger and resentment.
Roll away the stone of indifference and lethargy.
Roll away the stone of scepticism that makes me doubtful of your promises.
May my generosity and mercy match the wideness of your open tomb.
Empty me of every false ambition and aspiration.
May the suppleness of your tomb break down all the tomb break down all the defences I set up.
May the openness of your tomb soften my stony heart.
May the wonder of your tomb recharge my life with freedom.
May the emptiness of your tomb reassure me of your unfailing presence.
Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just to say 'thank you' (Sr. Louise's words of thanksgiving for the celebration of her Perpetual Profession)

Holy Hour of Thanksgiving for our Silver Jubilee of presence in Dublin.

The Icon of Friendship