New Year's Resolutions!

I don't know about you but every year I try and make some resolutions for the New Year. Some of them last a week ...some actually last the year! As you think about your own possible resolutions, here are some which gave me a little giggle! Thanks to Deacon Greg Kendra over here for this...slight modifications were made to it for the European readership!

Catholic New Year's Resolutions:
  • I resolve to arrive at Mass early.
  • Before arriving for Mass, I resolve to turn off my mobile phone, or at least put it on “vibrate.”
  • I resolve to go to the bathroom before I leave home, so I don’t have to stand outside the bathroom for most of Mass, hopping from foot to foot.
  • During the warmer months, I resolve not to wear to Mass that tube top that looked so great the night before at the KISS concert.
  • I resolve not to wear shorts to Sunday Mass unless I’m under the age of five.
  • I will refrain from leaving prayers for St. Jude all over the place.
  • I will not feed my children cookies or other food during Mass.
  • I will not leave empty juice cartons in the pews.
  • I resolve not to snore during the homilies.
  • I resolve to sing. Loudly.
  • When the collection guy comes by with the collection basket, I will not put in a five euro bill and take out four ones.
  • I resolve to actually shake hands with those around me during the Sign of Peace, and really mean it.
  • I will not butt in front of others when I get in line for communion.
  • When someone butts in front of me to get in line for communion, I will not trip him and then laugh.
  • When the lector announces that there is no second collection, I resolve not to cheer, applaud or make “the wave.”
  • I will not bolt for the door after the announcements.
  • I will stay in my pew to sing the recessional hymn.
  • I resolve to place my missal and hymn book at the end of the pew before I leave, to make less work for the ushers. A tidy church is a happy church.
  • When I am in my car, waiting to get out of the parking lot after Mass, I resolve to use all five fingers when I wave at my fellow parishioners. And I will smile at them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just to say 'thank you' (Sr. Louise's words of thanksgiving for the celebration of her Perpetual Profession)

Holy Hour of Thanksgiving for our Silver Jubilee of presence in Dublin.

The Icon of Friendship