“Why is it in popular culture -- and even in some Catholic circles as well -- we like our nuns buttoned up, predictable, and contained? Why is it that we don't mind outbursts of singing and giddiness, but we have a problem with normal, accurate displays of strength, balance, relationship, compassion, and zeal for God's mission?” (from a Nun’s life, 6th of June 2013). When I read today’s blog from A Nun’s Life , it really got me thinking. Recently a friend said to me that I break the stereotypes of a nun/sister, probably something to do with my recent rollerblading ! People have varying opinions about me being present in the big world of social media. It is important for me to be present and as a younger religious to be able to dispel many of the stereotypes that there are out there about sisters. I am surprised by the many people, from so many different walks of life who make contact, be it through Facebook, twitter, email and even through this little blog. More than ofte...
Comments
Post a Comment